• You have to learn about all the technologies that the child is using.
• Tell them that you also want to learn about the latest techniques to communicate and learn it from them.
• Always keep computers in common area where you can see what the child is doing and always set a time limit for computer usage.
• Tell your child the rules for cell phone/smart phone/I phone usage – set time limits as well as tell when it is right to use the device.
•Tell them to have some technology free time for themselves.
• Always get online parental controls on all the technologies used by the child . These parental controls can block websites, enforce time limits, monitor the websites your child visits, and their online conversations. Inform your children that you are monitoring there online activities.
• Become your childs friend and discuss who all they meet on internet . Always tell them that it is very common for a person to impersonate about oneself what the person is not.
•Discuss what all can be posted online and what not.
•Children and teens can access internet from anywhere so always talk to them about it . Talk to teachers, caregivers and other parents about your rules for social media.
•If your child or teen is playing online games, join them (even if only to sit and watch) so you can see exactly what they are doing and talk to them about it.
Best Child specialist in Gurgaon Best Pediatrician in gurgaon Vaccination centre in Gurgaon Growth & development
© 2014-15 Best Pediatrician in Gurgaon all rights are reserved.
Powered by: Dr. Somendra Shukla